Careers / Internships
The Fort Lauderdale Strikers are accepting applications for the following position(s):
Job Title: Account Executive
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
Direct Report: Director of Sales
The Fort Lauderdale Strikers are currently seeking self-motivated, tenacious and professionally persistent individuals to build a winning team of Account Executives, with a core focus on selling group tickets to small, medium and large size businesses, non-profit organizations, as well as the youth and adult soccer leagues of South Florida.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research and prospect potential group sales clients to identify the correct decision maker(s), within each prospective organization.
- Account Executives will also have the opportunity to sell season ticket packages and single game tickets on an as needed basis.
- Make 100 or more outgoing phone calls per day to set meetings with potential group sales clients.
- Accurately maintain and report a personal contact database, call log, pipeline and sales report on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Perform in person and online sales presentations.
- Develop and present written proposals and agreements to group sales clients.
- Ask for the business and closing the sale.
- Deliver on all aspects of engaged group ticket clients with the intent of creating memorable experiences for all guests which will result in renewal sales for years to come.
- Attend local business networking and community events which include but are not limited to chamber of commerce meetings, business breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, as well as community based charitable and community activations.
- Game day responsibilities include but are not limited to fielding sales inquiries in the office on game day mornings, staffing the team’s sales tent in the Family Fun Zone, visiting and entertaining current and future group sales prospects.
- Renew and service all group, season ticket and single game ticket clients.
- Collaborate with other Strikers departments at weekly team meetings and on an as needed basis.
- Reach new fans and encourage current fans to return for the next game and next season
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in business, marketing or communications or other related field is preferred.
- 1 year of experience in a consultative sales role that required prospecting, cold calling, professional networking, customer cultivation and customer service.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, current and potential clients.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Reliable transportation and a legal driver’s license as local travel will be required.
- Proficient to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of office skills, use of office equipment (copier, laser printers, fax machine, telephones, computers).
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Proven ability to correctly use punctuation and grammar.
- Possess high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Available to work during Strikers home games and other special events as needed, which may include weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Able to work non-traditional hours in addition to the Strikers home game schedule.
- Positive attitude, proactive, problem solver.
- Strong communication skills in person, on the computer, and on the phone.
- Desire to learn and continue to develop him/herself.
- Willing to go the extra mile to deliver above expectations and help teammates achieve their goals.
- Desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing organization.
- Outstanding communication skills and a positive, energetic personality.
- Bilingual (English +) preferred but not mandatory.
Interested and qualified candidates can submit a resume and any support materials via email to: Jobs@strikers.com. Subject Line: Account Executive Applicant
The Strikers are currently accepting applications for internships for the Spring, Summer and Fall of 2015.
The internships will allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional soccer organization. Internships are unpaid, and applicants must be available for all Strikers home games during their internship.
Internships are currently available in the following departments:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Internship in the subject line.