Careers / Internships
The Fort Lauderdale Strikers have job openings for the following positions:
- Account Manager
Account Managers are responsible for leveraging these investments to maximize ticket and sponsorship revenue by building relationships within the community, speaking with potential sponsors and ticket buyers, and working creatively with other departments. This position provides a valuable opportunity to be part of a monumental increase in attendance, revenue, and team awareness, pivotal accomplishments in any sports management career. This position will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications required.
- 1 year’s experience in a consultative sales role that required prospecting, cold calling, professional networking, customer cultivation and customer service.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Reliable transportation and a legal driver’s license as local travel will be required.
- Proficient to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook and PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of office skills, use of office equipment (copier, laser printers, fax machine, telephones, computers).
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Proven ability to correctly use punctuation and grammar.
- Possess high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Available to work during Strikers home games and other special events as needed, which may include weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Able to work non-traditional hours in addition to the Strikers home game schedule.
- Positive attitude, proactive, problem solver.
- Strong communication skills in person, on the computer, and on the phone.
- Desire to learn and continue to develop him/herself.
- Willing to go the extra mile to deliver above expectations and help teammates achieve their goals.
- Desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing organization.
- Outstanding communication skills and a positive, energetic personality.
- Bilingual (English +) preferred but not mandatory.
Interested and qualified candidates can submit a resume and any support materials via email or snail mail to:
Attn: Marketing Manager Application
Ft. Lauderdale Strikers
1350 NW 55th St.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Subject Line: Account Manager Applicant
The Strikers are currently accepting applications for internships for the Spring, Summer and Fall of 2015.
The internships will allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional soccer organization. Internships are unpaid, and applicants must be available for all Strikers home games during their internship.
Internships are currenly available in the following departments:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Internship in the subject line.